Skip to main content

Review: Neutrogena Visibly Clear™ Blackhead Eliminating Cleanser

I got this cleansing water along with the masque which I reviewed here while I was hunting to get a face wash for myself in Germany. Thanks to my poor hold on German language, I got this Visibly clear cleansing water along with the visibly clear 2-in-1 face masque, instead of a face wash. I've dared using it only a couple of times that too on certain circumstances only and below goes the review:


About Neutrogena Visibly Clear™ Blackhead Eliminating Cleanser

The unique cleanser has been developed by dermatologists to eliminate and help prevent blackheads.

Price:I bought it along with the cleansing face masque for some 4-5 Euros

Quantity: 200 ml

My experience with this cleansing water:

The first time I took the clear, harmless looking liquid outside the bottle; I could smell strong alcohol from it. I still couldn't figure out the correct usage of it and I tried using it as face wash (I know you are laughing!). The first impact of the liquid with my skin, literally made me scream. It was so intense and I still shudder at the burning sensation it gave. To top to my miseries, some of the liquid went into my eyes and I had tough time rinsing everything off.
The weird thing was this cleansing water was hissing and bubbling as if it was some kind of acid. I got so scared of it after the first use only, that I never dared to touch it for another couple of months. Slowly after reading and browsing a lot, I came to know about alcohol based cleansers and how to use them and then I tried it again. This time it worked well, but I still use it very rarely.

Below are some pics:


Below are some likes and dislikes that I've experienced from this cleanser:

Likes:

1) It is very strong in cleansing action. The way it bubbles and spits can fear any of the tiniest micro organism on my skin to death; the reason why I use it on my skin whenever I get breakouts or pimples. It works like magic in making my zits vanish.

2) It is an overly effective cleanser. Removes makeup, pollution dirt and anything amazingly.

3) The quantity is a lot. I usually take damp cotton and pour just 2-3 drops of this water to work on my face. It is highly concentrated so I prefer using it after diluting it this way, somehow works ok.

Dislikes:

Very strong alcohol based cleanser, for my skin. They should put a separate statutory warning for people with sensitive skins.

Overall verdict: I got this product by accident, and I have no plans to go near it anytime again. I usually use it on a damp tissue and apply it gently on the areas where I get break outs or areas where I need thorough cleansing like around the nose. I don't have blackheads so can't comment on that. I am still not used to its strong alcoholic and spirit like smell and the way it hisses and bubbles still scares me a lot.

Rating: 2/5

Have you tried Neutrogena Visibly Clear Anti-Blackhead cleansing water? Share your experience with me in your comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...