Skip to main content

Review: Solaroma Eau De Toilette Quetzal Elixir



About Quetzal Elixir by Solaroma
Quetzal Elixir is a fresh, fruity, gourmand fragrance, both calming and stimulating, with real personality and presence. An eau de toilette composed exclusively of natural ingredients, 88.85% of which are organic.

Quetzal Elixir is Solaroma’s organic fragrance created by Lorrie Hargis. The eponymous mythical bird of the Maya, the Quetzal – adopted by Guatemala as its emblem – sets the tone. The influence is Amerindian. The perfumer has taken her inspiration from an ancient tradition of the Yucatan peoples, a  blend of spices at once calming and stimulating which was used as perfume. The originality of this fragrance, the structure of which has been hailed as a major accomplishment, lies in the uncompromising nature of organic cocoa. 

In the words of the “sculptor of scent” Mickael Moisseff: "I would never have believed it possible to achieve so successful a structure using organic raw materials." When working with synthetic molecules, perfumers generally have access to a palette of 4,000 scents. In the organic world, however, there are no more than 300 available. For the organic perfumer therefore, it's creativity that counts.

Price:  €45 (Approx INR 2842/-)

Quantity: 50 ml

My experience with Quetzal Elixir Eau De Toilette by Solaroma

The first time I looked at the bottle, I liked its classy packaging . The murky brown liquid inside promised me the kinds of fragrances I like - musky, woody and strong. When I applied it the first time, I was more than happy to get the expected results in its fragrance. The perfume is strong with dominating woody fragrance and a bit of floral touch to it. The fragrance reminds me of wet woods - a smell you might get while roaming around in forests on a rainy day. The fresh floral part adds a bit of softness to it and makes it a perfect wear for girls.
Even though the fragrance is quite strong; it has been a bit subdued by certain sweet touch to it which isn't very noticeable. The moment I spray it, the first hit that comes from the perfume is that of strong woody scent (which mind remind you of your boyfriend's cologne), the scent then subdues to its sweet part and then ends in a lingering floral essence. I've experienced a staying power of around 5-6 hours from this perfume.

I can't write likes and dislikes for this perfume, as I feel fragrances are very personal to an individual's choice and whatever is a liking for me might not be the same for anyone else. I love strong perfumes with musky-woody fragrances and this one works excellently in satisfying my senses. The only word of caution from me is that it is quite strong and the initial hit might make you go dizzy, so it might not suit people with sensitive noses.

As far as its claims on calming the senses is concerned, I agree to that too as the fragrance is of my type and even when I am not spraying it all over me all the time, the residual effect with mildly sweet-woody fragrance with more floral touch to it can be a lot relaxing and de-stressing. 

Overall verdict: If you are sucker for strong fragrances and want to have a feminine touch to them, this can be a great buy. I love it the most amongst all the perfumes I've had till date and definitely will consider buying it again.

Rating: 4.5/5


Some more pics:





You can purchase the product from Solaroma's official website here. 
Solaroma on Twitter 

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...