Skip to main content

Lakmé Absolute Co-Created With Manish Malhotra Launched At Lakme Grand Finale


Mumbai, August 21, 2011: Lakmé and Manish Malhotra come together to co-create a range that has been inspired by the contemporary Indian woman. The Lakmé Grand Finale at LFW Winter/Festive 2011 showcased a collection that is glamorous and sophisticated, with a soul that is Indian, just like Lakmé ABSOLUTE. Lakmé ABSOLUTE is a high-performance, long-wear range that has been designed for the Indian skin-tone enabling every woman to be magical everyday of her life.

Lakmé Grand Finale designer Manish Malhotra, known for his opulent, contemporary Indian wear, partnered with Lakmé to create a ultra-glam ensemble meant for the fashion-forward Indian women. Speaking of his experience at his third Grand Finale, the designer said,
“The thrill of a Grand Finale has only increased since my first time in 1999. My collection, inspired by Lakmé ABSOLUTE, was all about capturing the best of International and Indian style. The looks from the Absolute cosmetic range are of international standard and akin to it is my creation for this season, which is hi-tech, high- fashion, sophisticated and contemporary.”

Kareena Kapoor, Face of Lakmé ABOSOLUTE said,
“I have walked at LFW and for Manish before, but taking the stage as a Lakmé ABSOLUTE face at the Grand Finale is a different high. I loved the ABSOLUTE collection Manish created for me; his designs are trendsetters and enhance my style. Cory used the Kohl Ultimate to create my look and I absolutely love it. It’s very contemporary and something I could do for a meeting, a party, a romantic date-its versatility increases its appeal.”

Cory Wallia, Lakmé make-up expert shared his view on the looks created for the Lakmé Absolute range: “We have created looks for every occasion. There’s a dressy evening look for which I have highlighted the eyes in a beautiful purple that will play up the drama. The other is the uber-glam look with coral-peach lips that will let you talk your way into anything! Even if you’re going to office, the Mattereal Mousse and a nude Plum and Shine gloss can create the perfection you desire making you absolutely stunning.” 

Clint Fernandes, Lakmé make-up expert shared his view on his favorite products from Lakmé Absolute range,
“The ABSOLUTE Lip Last is definitely one of my favorites - because of the gorgeous shades it comes in and for the precision brush which helps one create the most beautiful lips. The Two-Way compact is another product every woman should carry in her bag - it doubles up as a powder and foundation to help you look flawless in seconds and also has added sun filters to protect your skin.”

Farida Kaliyadan, General Manager, Lakmé says
“Lakmé ABSOLUTE has been specifically designed for the contemporary Indian woman who plays myriad set of roles across her personal and professional life. Not only are the products high-performance and super long-lasting, but they are good for your skin too, making them ideal for the contemporary woman. Lakmé has created specific looks for every occasion and Manish beautifully captured these various moods through his collection.”
The collection showcased was indicative of the international style and contemporary trends that should be an integral part of every woman’s make-up kits this season.

Some images from the event below: 
Farida Kaliyadan,GM,Lakme presents Lakme ABOSLUTE Coffee table-book to Kareena

Manish Malhotra_Lakme Grand Finale

Lakme Make-up Expert, Cory Wallia showcases a Lakme ABSOLUTE look on Kareena Kapoor

Kareena Kapoor, Face of Lakme ABSOLUTE
Kareena Kapoor, Face of Lakme Absolute_Lakme Grand Finale
About Lakmé:
Contemporary Indian beauty expert Lakmé continuously innovates to offer a wide range of, high performance and world class color cosmetics, skincare products, and beauty salons. In addition to leveraging Unilever’s worldwide expertise, Lakmé also partners with the leading cosmetic house Milan-based Intercos Italia, Schwann Stabilo Germany and Paris-based Fiabila. Combining international cosmetic technology with an in-depth understanding of the Indian woman’s needs, Lakmé also offers its consumers a comprehensive beauty experience through its products and services at the Lakmé Salons and Studios. For further information log on to www.lakméindia.com 


About Lakmé Fashion Week: 
Lakmé Fashion Week (LFW) is jointly organized by Lakmé, the No.1 cosmetics and beauty services brand in India and IMG, the global leader in fashion weeks and event production. LFW has been conceived and created with a vision to “Redefine the future of fashion and Integrate India into the global fashion world”. LFW is organized twice every year. LFW Winter/Festive 2011 will be held from August 16 to August 21, 2011 at Grand Hyatt Hotel, Mumbai. For further information log on to http://www.lakmefashionweek.co.in

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes