Skip to main content

Review: Biotique Almond Oil Cleanser

I got this product a couple of months back while hunting for some oil based cleanser that could remove all my waterproof eyeliner, mascara and lipstick easily. I also wanted massaging oil that could nourish my skin well and relax my facial muscles. This was the time when I learnt about facial massage and wanted to club it with cleansing oil to thoroughly cleanse and relax my face each night before going to sleep. Check out the review below:

About Biotique Almond Oil Cleanser


Face Eye and Heavy Make - up Remover :- Bio Oil - Biotique Almond Oil Cleanser is a rare combination of rich natural oils to deep cleanse the skin, while nourishing it with oils of Almond, Sunflower, Safflower and Sesame. Also contains oils from Neem and Staff trees. Bio Oil - Biotique Almond Oil Cleanser can be washed off with water.

Bio Oil - Biotique Almond Oil Cleanser is a very efficient and gentle cleanser for dry, sensitive skin and heavy makeup. With the Bio Oil - Biotique Almond Oil Cleanser, your skin is perfectly cleansed and beautifully soft and smooth.

Biotique Almond Oil Cleanser Bio Oil Direction for use :

Every night take a moist cotton wool and put a little bit of Bio Oil - Biotique Almond Oil Cleanser on it. Gently rub it over the eyes without pulling the skin. Then apply the toner.

Bio Oil - Biotique Almond Oil Cleanser Major Ingredients :
  • Almond Oil
  • Sunflower Oil
  • Sesame Oil 
Price: INR 150/- ( Around USD 3.5)

Quantity: 120ml
  
My experience with this cleansing oil:

The oil is very light in texture and smells of almonds, thereby truly affirming to its name. In the initial few days of using this oil, I used to take a few drops on my fingers, massage the oil gently all around my face and eyes in circular motion and then wash my face off with mild face wash and warm water. The first reaction was heavenly. The oil would thoroughly cleanse my eye and face makeup and the massage was really soothing to the senses. Also this oil was extremely light in texture so I didn't feel like overloaded with oily stuff on my face.
However, within few days of usage, I noticed a few zits appearing around my chin and jaw line. I have oily-combination skin, and hence it didn't take me much time to figure out the reason behind these zits. I immediately stopped using this oil on my whole face and restricted it to removing only the waterproof eye makeup. The zits went off in couple of days and didn't come back. So, now I use it only to remove my eye makeup.

Below are some pics:






And below are some of the likes and dislikes that I've felt about this cleansing oil:

Likes:

1) It comes in a nice handy packaging with a round plastic bottle, pin hole opening and a sturdy cap. The packaging would never make oil spill out of its boundaries unless you are too careless to leave the screw open cap loose.

2) The oil has very light consistency and hence feels good on application - be it for cleansing purpose or for massage.

3) The oil has mild almond fragrance which is neither too strong nor too light. Just good enough to sooth the senses and relax you.

4) The oil works well in cleansing my makeup, pollution and impurities. It works well in cleansing even the waterproof makeup well. However, for waterproof eyeliner and mascara, there is trick that you can use to get them off your eyes completely.
Take cotton or cleansing wipe and add few drops of water to it. Add the cleansing oil and simply dab it on your eyes. Make sure that all the parts of your eyeliner and mascara are coated well with the mixture. Let the mixture settle down into your eye makeup for 2 minutes. Now take the same cotton and start wiping off the makeup and everything will come off easily like butter.

5) Quite inexpensive for the price and quantity.

Dislikes:

1) It gave me breakouts.

2) It is a cleansing oil and hence you can't just use it on its own. You need to wash your face to get rid of the oily residue.

Overall verdict:

I'd have really liked this cleansing oil, if it'd have not given me breakouts. However, it does work great in cleansing stuffs, so that way it definitely works well. I have oily-combination skin so I feel it didn't suit my skin well. It might work for dry skin beauties. :)

Rating: 3/5

Have you tried Biotique Almond Oil Cleanser? If you use any other cleansing oil for massaging your face that has worked well for you, please suggest it to me in your comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...