Skip to main content

Review: Deborah Milano Atomic Red Lipstick - Shade 05 (Rosetto), Swatches, FOTD, Video

If you guys have been following my blog, you might have known that I was keenly hunting for my perfect red lipstick. After getting a couple of products that didn't fit well, I came across this lipstick on Urbantouch website. Frankly speaking, I didn't want to order another red lipstick online, just to see it not suiting me again. I had planned to get the one at a store, but my current obligations stopped me from doing that. However, when I saw the lipstick and got a discount coupon code from Urbantouch's facebook page, I thought of giving it a try. And boy! Am I glad I got this!! :) I am in complete love with this lipstick and finally have managed to get my perfect red! Check out more details below:

About Deborah Milano Atomic Red Lipsticks

Innovative formula produces pure, vibrant colour. Glides on easily and feels comfortable all day long. Lipstick with a luminous, silky finish. Innovative formula produces pure, vibrant colour.
Glides on easily and feels comfortable all day long. Hypoallergenic.*

Price: INR 560

Quantity:

Ingredients:

Available Shades:


My experience with this lipstick:

Deborah Milano Atomic Red lipstick Shade 05 is a blood red lipstick with blue undertones to it. Being an Asian I always thought that I have yellow undertones and hence a lipstick with yellow in it might look good on me. But after having a disaster experience with Faces lip color radiant red, I complete dropped the idea of getting any yellowish or orangish red lipstick. This Shade 05 from Deborah Milano Atomic red lipsticks is a gorgeous red shade and somehow suits my skin tone a lot. I feel that the shade will suit both cooler and warmer skin tones.

Check out some pics below:









Below are some of the likes and dislikes that I've felt about this lipstick:

Likes:

1) It is a gorgeous red lipstick with blue undertones that really suits my skin a lot.

2) The lipstick comes in a beautiful metallic case and looks quite nice.

3) It is quite moisturizing. I didn't feel any dryness from this lipstick even after 2-3 hours of application.

4) The lipstick is very creamy on application and glides on my lips well.

5) It may be the best economic red lipstick, I've seen so far. :)

6) I've not felt any smell or taste from this lipstick. It has faintly floral smell which is mild enough to be ignored.

Dislikes:

1) The casing isn't very handy to open and close. You need to twist the cap in certain direction to lock the cap on the case. Initially I wasn't very careful and had got the cap and lipstick dropped many times. Luckily, it landed on my bed hence didn't break. But, you need to be careful with the case.

2) Availability might be a problem, as I've not seen it anywhere at the cosmetic counters near my place so far.

Overall verdict: I love this lipstick and I am so much in love with the texture and finish that I would love to order some other shades in Deborah Milano lipsticks. A tip I'd suggest to you in case you want to "Paint your lips Red", always ensure that you take off the excess by dabbing a tissue paper on your lips. This will prevent your red lipstick to get transferred on glasses or cups. If you want to flaunt your kiss on your boyfriend's cheeks, you can kindly ignore this suggestion!! :)

Another tip to make the lipstick stay for long is to hold a tissue paper on the lips and dust some loose powder over it. This will seal the color and prevents it from fading for a long time.

Rating: 4.5/5

Below is how it looks on me:


A video I made using this lipstick to create a look of classic red lips and dramatic eyes:


Have you tried Deborah Milano's Atomic Red Lipsticks? Share your experience with me in your comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...