Skip to main content

Review: Hollybeth's Natural Luxury Face Scrub - Grits and Honey



About Hollybeth's Natural Luxury Face Scrub
Southerners have long loved grits as a hearty breakfast staple. You can begin a new love affair with this gentle and all-natural exfoliant. Based on a family recipe, Grits & Honey Facial Scrub will leave your skin soft as a baby’s bottom.

Quantity: 59.14 ml

Price: $25

Ingredients:
Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal*, Honey, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (organic sweet almond) Oil*, Tocopherol (organic vitamin E). *organic


To Use: Apply a small amount to fingertips with water and gently massage face, neck and hands for a deliciously smooth exfoliation.

Warning: Keep water out of the jar and keep lid closed when not in use. Keep in cool dry place away from heat. Keep moisture out. Please treat as a food product.

My experience with this face scrub

After having some real good experience with Hollybeth's Natural luxury products that included the eye cream, hand cream and body Shea butter, I was quite expectant some real good results from this scrub too. But, sadly I couldn't make it work for me. The scrub has very thick consistency which is also quite sticky. The consistency makes it quite difficult evenly spread and scrub my face properly. The granules are quite big in size, but thankfully not very coarse in action. I could feel the exfoliation but at a very gentle level. The consistency of this product is more like a thick wheat dough's - sticky and difficult to spread.

Below are some pics:





Below are some of the likes and dislikes that I've felt about this scrub:

Likes:

1) I like the fact that it is made up of natural and organic ingredients and hence quite skin friendly.

2) The scrub is decently loaded with the exfoliating particles which are big in size but quite mild in action hence can work well in exfoliating the skin, provided you are able to spread it evenly on your face.

3) I like the mild fragrance of this product.

Dislikes:

1) It was a big overhead for me to make it work just because it is as thick as a wheat dough. I couldn't spread it evenly on my face even after diluting it with water. It feels the same way you'd feel on applying the sticky wheat dough on your face.

2) The exfoliant is quite mild in action and seeing the inconvenience of usage, I don't think it could be too effective in getting rid of in-depth settled dirt and ingrown hair.

3) Availability could be a problem as it is not available at stores worldwide, but you can buy it from the official website here.

Overall verdict: I am quite disappointed with this scrub because of all the reasons I mentioned above. Though in order to somehow make it work for me, I mix it with some of my face wash and then apply it on my face. The slippery texture of face-wash helps in diffusing the scrub’s particles, and makes them spread evenly. However, I still couldn't find any great results even after using it that way.

Rating: 2.5/5

Have you tried Hollybeth's Natural Luxury face scrub? Share your experience with me in your comments below.

Note: PR Sample; honest review

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...