Skip to main content

Review: Monave Cosmetics Mineral powder - Caroline



About Monave's Mineral loose powder - Caroline:
Light yellow undertone for caucasian and light asian skin tones, also has a faint pink hue.

Price: $19.50

Quantity: 1g

My experience with this loose powder:

The powder comes in a jar packaging with a screw open lid and a detachable cover that has small holes for the product to come out. The mineral powder is extremely fine in texture. On applying the powder using a buffer brush, the powder takes some time to blend in, but gives a medium coverage and matte finish to the skin. I've not experienced any fragrance from this powder and it works great in keeping my oily-combination skin shine free for 4-5 hours while I stay in air conditioned environment.

Below are some pictures:




And below are some of the likes and dislikes that I've felt about this mineral loose powder:

Likes:

1) I like the fine texture of this mineral powder.

2) The powder gives a nice matte finish to my oily-combination skin.

3) It has a good staying power and stays on keeping oil away from my face for around 4-5 hours.

4) It is fragrance free which I like a lot.

5) It has not given me any allergic reactions or breakouts so far.

Dislikes:

1) The powder is extremely fine like processed flour and you need to be quite careful to take the amount and buffing on your face, otherwise you might end up looking ghostly white.

2) The powder doesn't blend very easily. It takes a certain level of efforts using the buffer brush to blend the powder completely into the skin. However, that also ensures good coverage, so I don't have any complains regarding this. Just that this is not the product that you can use on the go when you have less time to do makeup. I usually do touchups using a regular compact.

3) Availability might be a problem; since this is not available at all the cosmetic stores around the world, but you can order it from Monave's official website here.

Overall verdict: I like this mineral powder a lot for the way it keeps my skin oil free and matte for hours. Mineral powders can work amazingly for humid weathers (especially during these monsoons) to keep your face naturally beautiful without any cakey or patchy look. This one has been working great for me and I definitely recommend it.

Rating: 3.5/5

Have you tried Monave's mineral powders? Share your experience with me in your comments below.


Note: PR sample; honest review

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...