Skip to main content

Q & A - CTM Routine for oily/combination skin



From Pushpa:
I have read ur comment and blog on IMBB and i belive my skin also same as yours means we both have oily skin but ur skin is much much better than mine. Can u tell me d secret. so i want to know ur skin care regime (budgeted) from monday to sunday. pls tell me all including ur CTM, scurb, face pack and all.

in one of your review on IMBB u suggested revlon touch and glow advanced fairness cream. r u still using it?? i have found that they included SPF also in that cream, so pls tell will it be still suitable or not as my skin is very oily and all moisturiser make my skin look dull and greasy in one almost 2-3 hours. pls i m waiting for ur reply.

take care

waiting for ur reply



My reply:



Hi Pushpa,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Yeah, I have oily combination skin, but thankfully I don't have very sensitive skin, so I usually feel safe in playing up with the products to find out what suits me the best. I usually keep on changing my skin care routine depending upon the mood, climatic conditions and of course my skin's condition at the moment. If you'd like me to recommend you skin care products then I'd surely love to do that. And yes, I am still using Revlon's touch and glow fairness cream. It is really good and now I have 5 years of patronage to the cream so I can definitely recommend it!! :) As of now I am using the following CTM routine:

Morning - Face wash: Soul Flower India's Pep-A-Mint soap - I usually love the cool mint feel of the soap and it is an excellent anti-bacterial soap too, made up of all natural ingredients and quite apt to give morning freshness.

Evening Facewash - Himalaya Herbals Foaming Neem face wash: It works amazingly in taking off my makeup, oil, dirt and pollution. :)

Toning: Liz Earle Instant Skin Boost Tonic - This is one of the best skin toners I've ever used. It is mild and works great in minimizing the pores and even out the complexion. From Indian brands, I've not tried any so far so can't suggest much, but I've heard that Oriflame's pure skin toner is pretty good too. 

Moisturizing: As of now I am using Lotus Herbals Phyto Rx Professional moisturizer daily for morning. It has SPF in it and it is tinted, doesn't cause any greasiness and gets absorbed quickly. Since your skin is too oily, I won't recommend you to use it. I think you can go with Revlon touch and glow cream here, it moisturizes the skin and mattifies it, would work great for your skin type!! :)

Currently I've been using Lotus Herbals Pomegranate & Plum Energising Skin Polisher which I am really liking a lot. :D. I also like using Himalaya Herbals Clarifying Mud face pack every 4-5 days to soothe down my skin and make it relaxed :)

Apart from above CTM stuffs, I ensure that I drink around 2-3 litres of water daily. You'll notice the difference in your skin and how it radiates so amazingly, just include lots of water in your daily skin care regime!! :) 



I hope my suggestions help you in deciding better. I request my readers to add any wonder product they have for oily/combination and very oily skin!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...