Skip to main content

Review: Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer in ‘Braise’ from Fall 2011 collection

I got this lip gloss last weekend while I was moving across the Chanel counter at Oasis Mall, Bangalore. The shade caught my eye and I instantly went to the SA to try it out. I loved it so much that I immediately bought it. I've been using it since then everyday and below goes the review.

About Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimers


Gorgeous shimmer and a high-shine glow is delivered effortlessly to lips with just one stroke of this best-selling lipgloss. A wide range of shades, from sheer and natural to sparkling and rich, look beautiful on their own, or over your favorite CHANEL lipstick. Equally beautiful: the conditioning formula's comfort and long wear.

How to

  • May be used over favorite lipstick formula to enhance shimmer and high-shine glow.
  • May be used on its own for an ultra-glossy and comfortably hydrated result.

Price: INR 1650/-

Quantity: 5.5g

Ingredients:

My experience with this lip gloss:

I am usually more of a lipstick person, but occasionally love to try lipglosses as well. I don't have much lip glosses in my collection because of the same reason. Braise is a gorgeous sheer red lip gloss with ultra-fine shimmer in it. It gives a lovely sheer and shiny red-orange touch to my medium pigmented lips. I've not experienced any smell or taste from it. It is a bit stickier than the other lip glosses I've tried so far, and that somehow guarantees its longer staying power than others (I guess). I've tried wearing it on its own which works excellently for my daytime look. If worn over a peach or light orange lipstick, this would definitely make a great statement.

Below are some more pics, swatches and how it looks on me:







On me - without flash (Ignore my tired face :( )

On me - with flash ( Pardon my tired looking face...I was exhausted after whole day work)
On my lips - with flash

Some pouting never hurts!!

And below are some of the likes and dislikes that I've felt about this gloss:

Likes:

I love the gorgeous sheer red color of this gloss, which looks beautiful on my lips. The fine shimmer doesn't look OTT at all and gives a lovely soft and shimmery finish to my lips.

The gloss comes with a sturdy glass packaging and a doe foot applicator. The applicator gives an even finish to the application and covers the lips properly.

I like the fact that this gloss doesn't smell or taste anything.

It has a good staying power as compared to other glosses. On my lips I've experienced its staying power to be 3-4 hours when I am not eating or drinking anything.

I find this gloss to be pretty moisturizing and I don't feel like wearing any lip balm beneath it.

Dislikes:

It has a bit thick texture and feels somewhat sticky on lips. I didn't like it initially but now I am ok with it.

Price!! (no comments)

Overall verdict:

This is one gorgeous shade that can be considered from Chanel to go in your collectibles. I feel that it can suit both cool and warm skintones. It can work amazingly on its own and can help you create various different looks when paired with a lipstick. Overall, I love it!

Rating: /5

Have you tried anything from Chanel's Fall 2011 collection? Share your experience with me in your comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...