Skip to main content

Review: Illamasqua Cream Pigment - Depravity, Photos, Swatches

About this cream pigment from Illamasqua


Cream Pigment is an intensely colour-rich, crease resistant, matt formula, available in a variety of shades.
It creates the ultimate in textures on the face, eyes, lips or body. Apply with an Illamasqua brush or simply use your fingers for a buildable, water resistant, highly pigmented finish.
Layer under Powder Eye Shadow and Pure Pigment for added intensity.

Depravity is stated as a magenta shade cream pigment


Price: £17.00

Quantity: 10 gram

Tips
This NEW formulation provides additional adhesion and intensification when applied before Powder Eye  Shadow and Pure Pigment.  The product can be used sheer or built to full coverage. Apply with a longer bristle brush to achieve a sheer colour and texture payoff whereas selecting a flat brush will deposit more colour density and texture payoff.

Ingredients
Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Ax), Nylon-12, Cetyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Magnesium Myristate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Petrolatum, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Oleth-10, Propylene Glycol, Bht, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid [+/- May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 16035 (Red 40 Lake)] [Non-Usa Shades +/-: Ci 12085, Ci 45380, Ci 45410].

My experience with this cream pigment:

I've already reviewed Illamasqua's cream pigment in Dab here, and I really love using it a lot though it doesn't suit my skintone on all occasions and is more suitable for cooler skintones. This particular pigment "Depravity" is a part of Illamasqua's new collection - "Theater of the Nameless". It is a gorgeous pinky purple shade which is deeply pigmented and can flatter all the skin tones. The shade is easily buildable so you can simple dab it to get that rosy hue or add it on layers to get a dramatic touch. The pigment is super creamy and easy to apply. I've tried using it on eyes, lips and even as a blusher. 
Out of all the three, it worked best as a cream blush on my skin. I even liked the slight rosy touch it gave to my eyes when I used it just on the outer V, but it fades after a while because of my oily lids after sometime so make it sure that you use a good eye shadow primer before using it. On lips it worked really well in giving a lovely pinky-purple color to my medium pigmented lips. I simply have to top it up with a gloss to add a little bit more shine and I am ready to go.

Check out more photos below:




Swatches
Without flash

With Flash
As eye shadow - Just a hint on the outer V

As eye shadow - Just a hint on the outer V
on lips
On Cheeks 
FOTD - I added the gloss on lips after clicking the pics!! :)

FOTD - I added the gloss on lips after clicking the pics!! :)

Below are some of the likes and dislikes that I've felt about this cream pigment:

Likes:

Super creamy in texture and glides on pretty well.

Highly pigmented and gives a gorgeous pinky-purple shade which is buildable. You can go from subtle pink to deep purple-pink easily by layering the product.

I love the way it worked as a cream blush for me. It gave a nice rosy glow to my cheeks and got me lots of compliments at office when I wore it yesterday.

I like the staying power of this pigment that lasted on my cheeks for around 4-5 hours and on my lips it stayed for 2-3 hours despite my eating and drinking. It faded a bit on my lips, but stayed there to give a natural pink touch.

I didn't feel any irritation or allergy from this product anywhere on my eyes, lips and face.

Dislikes:

While using it as a cream eye shadow, you need to use a good eye shadow primer to prevent it from creasing. I have oily-combination skin and my lids are super oily, so even normal foundation and compact couldn't stop it from creasing after 30-45 minutes of application.

While using it as lip pigment, ensure that your lips are well exfoliated and don't have any fine lines, as this pigment has a tendency to settle in those lines and make lips look weird.

Availability might be an issue, but you can purchase it from Illamasqua's website here.

Overall Verdict: 
This is a super gorgeous color that can flatter both cooler and warmer skintones. I'd suggest people of lighter complexion to use it with care as it is super super pigmented and you might go overboard with it, so use it with feather light touch. I love to use it as cream blush and lip color on regular basis and it works amazingly there.
 Rating:.5/5

Disclaimer: Product sent by PR, but my honest review follows as always!! 

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...