About Manhattan Soft
Mat Lip Creams
- Creamy
soft lip cream, goes on with a velvety soft feel.
- With
an applicator for precise application.
- Mat finish with extra high coverage.
Price: 6-7 Euros (Around 450-500)
My experience with
this Lip cream
I usually like my lip colors to stay longer and keep my lips
hydrated. Because of this reason my mind always keeps on wandering between
lipsticks and lip gloss. I love mattifying lipsticks but avoid using them much
just because of their tendency to dry out my lips. I picked this particular lip
cream randomly while browsing through shops at DM at Das Es mall (Esslingen). I've used this lip color
almost daily for office wear since past 2 weeks now and I love everything about
it, right from the texture to consistency, coverage, staying power and most
important - no drying of lips.
The shade is a muted pink shade. It is quite opaque and
gives a matt finish to my lips. It is a quick drying product; however I never
felt it drying my lips at all. It doesn't hydrate either but keeps my lips well
behaved for at least 4-5 hours after which it tends to fade off gently. These
might remind you of NYX lip creams too.
Below are some pics:
Below are some of the
likes and dislikes that I've felt about this lip cream:
Likes:
1) Comes in nice sturdy packaging with a sponge tip
applicator that gives better control on the coverage and application.
2) I love the fact that it is quite opaque and gives a nice
matt finish to my lips.
3) Despite being matt and quick drying, this lip cream never
dried my lips. I so much wish now that I'd have picked more shades in this.
4) The staying power of this lip cream is awesome. Despite
eating and drinking stuffs, it stays on my lips for good 3-4 hours after which
it tends to fade away decently without getting patchy or flaky at all.
5) For all the above good things, I think the price makes it
an excellent buy.
6) I didn’t experience any taste from this lip cream. It
smells very faintly of vanilla.
Dislikes:
1) Availability is a concern. I really want to pick more
shades now, seeing the wonders of this lip cream, but as of now haven't seen
this brand anywhere in India so far.
2) Though the lip cream does not make my lips dry, it has a
tendency to settle in fine lines and cracks. So, ensure that your lips are
properly exfoliated and smooth before you put this on.
3) The shades don’t have any name but weird numbers like 53M
, 54L, 56K (Donno what
Code language they follow). I wish there could be names
given to these shades to ease up the memorizing.
Rating: 4.5/5
