Skip to main content

Product Launch: Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) Holiday Look 2011


When I saw this lovely Holiday Makeup Collection by YSL, I couldn't stop myself from going all “WOW” about it. The collection truly gives a new meaning to what we call "Dark Beauty". The enchanting, seductive, dark and smoky shades with a hint of color and shimmer, definitely makes this collection drool worthy and worth looking at. The golden packaging with signature YSL logo, truly makes it a classic collection to have in the vanity case. Check out more details below:

Introducing the Yves Saint Laurent "Holiday Look 2011". YSL international make-up artist Lloyd Simmonds pays tribute to the Yves Saint Laurent tuxedo, the absolute garment in a masculine-feminine wardrobe, enhanced by a satin sash, a velvet lapel, a bow-tie.
In doing so, he has recreated a new palette of seduction, placing the emphasis on expression, on the force of an attitude.

"The tuxedo" It’s the icon of the Yves Saint Laurent wardrobe. A reference to the pictures of Helmut Newton. The famous ‘smoky eye’. A signature eye.” – Lloyd Simmonds 

Inspired by the tuxedo, the Palette Noir Terriblement and the Palette Blanc Terriblement both celebrate the emblematic spirit of evening clothes that move effortlessly throughout time. Nestling inside a beautiful gold case, adorned by a pleated belt and embroidered with the Yves Saint Laurent logo. It can be worn around the wrist like a bracelet, a nocturnal fetish. 



Palette "Noir Terriblement" :

The black tuxedo. Eye Shadow in 5 colors. 4 variations of black and a shimmering white in the middle. Black velvet, black silk, black moiré, black lamé, white satin, fabric turning into eye colors in the magic of an evening where black is unveiled in a play on shadow and light.


Expert’s secret by Lloyd Simmonds: “The best thing is to choose your black and use it as a base applied with the flat brush. And then to ‘smoke’ it with a round brush to blend the product so that the edges are invisible.”


Palette "Blanc Terriblement"

The white tuxedo. The complexion illuminator palette. Shimmering silver, shimmering pink, shimmering violet. Three white hues delicately lit up with precious pearls, catching the light like a magnet to give an absolute glow effect.

Ombres Duolumières

Contrasts and highlights for sparkling eyes in two different colour combinations: 
  • Silver moiré /Black Flannel, 
  • Gold lamé / Velvet black.


Manucure Couture n°6 

Make a show of style and colour right down to the fingertips. The hand becomes the most luxurious fashion accessory.  Yves Saint Laurent’s “Duo Terriblement Noir”: Two blacks. One matte and one glossy. An ultra–graphic feel for the season’s most radical, most ‘couture’ duo. 

A reprise of the contrasts of powder texture and satin lapels, they are complementary to give an ultra–sophisticated, infinitely black finish. 

Golden Gloss – White shimmering gold collection

Transparence and light, wear it alone or added to a lipstick to give a white gold shimmer on the lips.
White Gold Amethyst 48

White Gold Topaz 47 

Available in:
  • White Gold Diamond,
  • White Gold Opal,
  • White Gold Quartz,
  • White Gold Amethyst 48
  • White Gold Topaz 47 
What goes into my wishlist from this collection: The limited edition palette “noir terriblement” and Golden Gloss – White Gold Amethyst 48

So, which one of these are you drooling at? Share with me in your comments below

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...

Review: Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara in Oynx

About Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara Primary Benefits of Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara: Will not clump, flake or glob Long-wearing Patented brush provides superior lash definition Price: $16.95 Quantity: 8ml What Makes Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara Unique? Brushes make all the difference with makeup application, especially with mascara! Motive's new Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara will define, separate and lengthen your lashes like never before. The secret is in the revolutionary High-Definition brush with rubber bristles that fans out and lengthens each lash as it sweeps on mascara from root to tip. No more clumps or globs, just beautifully defined long lashes. My experience with this mascara: I got this mascara a couple of days back and I've been using it since then daily for office wear. I've found the mascara quite impressive in its own unique way. The first thing that I noticed about the mascara was its packaging. The t...