Skip to main content

Review: BornPrettyStore makeup kit, Swatches, EOTD, FOTD


About BornPrettyStore Makeup Kit:
  • 1 pc purse style makeup brush: Length: 175mm Width: 70mm
  • 8 colours eye shadow: weight: 9g for each
  • 1 pc black eyeliner gel with brush
  • 1 pc Shimmer White eyeliner gel with brush
Price: $12.34 

My experience with this kit

When I received the kit, I was quite amazed at the products that came in it. I felt like a kid getting a Barbie house, as everything that came in this kit was so amazing and lovely. The 9 eyeshadows offered by the kit are all powdered eyeshadows with superb pigmentation. Most of the eyeshadows have satiny finish, whereas a few of them have shimmery finish. However, I love the texture of these eyeshadows as they are super soft and give a good color payoff. Also, despite them being powdered eyeshadows I didn't experience any fall outs at all. The size of each eye shadow box is of a 2 Rupee coin. All the eyeshadows had numbers attached to their bases outside, however I don't think the numbers are true to the shades as some of the boxes had same numbers stuck on them, though different eyeshadows inside.

The Brush kit:

The brush kit that comes with this kit is another amazing thing. The brush holder has a lovely metallic silver finish and is amazingly travel friendly. The brushes that come in this kit are all of decent length that can give you good control over the application. I particularly love the eyeshadow brush, blush brush and eyeliner brush from this kit, which I use regularly for my makeup. The quality of these brushes isn't very amazing, but decent enough at the price they come for. I experienced a few shedding of bristles from the blush brush in initial few washes, but that has stopped now. The brushes are super soft and really work great in blending and application. The eyeliner brush is actually like a felt tip, that you can dip into your eyeliner or eyeshadow to create innovative eye looks.

The Gel eyeliners with separate liner application brushes:

I was most excited about these gel eyeliners that I got with the kit. The black one is a jet black eyeliner with matte finish. The second eyeliner is a frosty white one with shimmers to it that looks beautiful for dramatic eye looks. The brushes that separately come with each eyeliner box, are quite small in size, though give a precise application on the eyelids. These eyeliners are not water proof but don't create any mess around my eyes and come off pretty easily with a simple eye makeup remover.

So, with all the details mentioned above, below is a quick list of likes and dislikes that I've felt about this makeup kit.

Likes:

1) An awesome kit at a great price that offers 9 powdered eyeshadows, 1 brush kit with 6 brushes and 2 gel liners.
2) I love the quality of the eyeshadows, which are amazingly pigmented and satiny smooth. Also they give no fall outs at all. 
3) The brushes are quite soft and well built to support the task they are designed for.
4) The eyeliners - black and fluorescent white have quite a creamy texture. They set within few seconds of application and stay on my lids for 6-7 hours without fading or messing around.
5) None of the products create any problem on my skin or lids.

Dislikes:

1) You need an eyeshadow primer for the eyeshadows as these start creasing within 1 hour of application.
2) Since the eyeshadows are powdered ones, you need to be super careful in using them, otherwise you might end up spilling a lot.

Availability: BornPrettyStore.com . Get 10% discount on every purchase using coupon - KSAJ61

Overall verdict:

I absolutely love this kit, and I believe this can be a perfect kit for a makeup beginner, who doesn't want to spend a lot in her first indulgence in makeup. You can simply get this kit as it is complete in itself and practice to your heart's content without feeling guilty about anything. The eyeshadows, eyeliners and brushes are so much fun to use and I really appreciate the quality they give at such nominal price. Clearly it is a deal to steal and I definitely recommend you to get this one for sure.

Rating: 4/5

Check out more pics, swatches and EOTD below:

The Eyeshadows and Swatches:






The Brush Kit and Brushes:



Blush Brush

Flat eyeshadow brush



Lip brush

Eyeliner brush

Eyeshadow sponge applicator
The Gel Eyeliners and Swatches:

Black Gel Liner



Below is a makeup look that I tried using these products:



I've used Deep bronze and shimmery black eyeshadows to create this look. On upper lids I've applied the black gel liner to create a wing, and I've applied the shimmery white eyeliner on my lower lashline to create a double-winged effect.


So, what do you think about this amazing kit? 
Share your opinion with me in your comments below.

You can avail a 10% discount from all your purchases at Bornprettystore.com by using the discount code - "KSAJ61".



Disclaimer: Product sent by the brand for consideration; however my honest review as always.

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes