Skip to main content

Product Launch: White Musk Libertine The New Fragrance From The Body Shop


(Press Release)


On the 30th anniversary of White Musk, The Body Shop launches White Musk Libertine, a new floral musk masterpiece and an exciting evolution of the iconic original.

The international best-selling White Musk range was first launched in 1981 to critical acclaim. A sensational world first and a landmark for the fragrance industry, White Musk was the first cruelty-free musk fragrance to arrive on the market. The range quickly captured the imagination of the public and celebrities alike, selling an astonishing 2.5 White Musk fragrances per minute.

White Musk Libertine is set to surpass the success of the White Musk fragrance with a new generation.
Inspired by modern libertines and their multifaceted personalities; adventurous and sensual in nature with an equal mystery to boast, a libertine is enthused with positive attitude. Blessed with effortless charm and uncompromising control, she is unforgettable and will captivate and inspire any audience.

The personality and qualities of White Musk Libertine are brought to life through its unique avant-garde fragrance triangle and makes it different to any other by containing 65% of distinct rare musks. Musks, which exist at its top, heart and base, react differently with the contrasting ingredients, to unveil a multifaceted ever evolving fragrance.

Sweet Turkish delight and Chantilly Cream notes open with an audacious tease of playfulness, hinting at the addictiveness to come, while the Orchid bursts with femininity. Musk intensifies at the base, rounding up to inner strength and solidity for a mysterious veil of confidence and sensuality; an aura which a libertine possesses naturally, even when the future is uncertain.

A range of White Musk Libertine body care products will launch alongside the fragrance, featuring a Shower Gel, Body Lotion and Body Mist which also hosts the distinctive blend of three musks combined with floral accords and a hint of Turkish delight.  Like the fragrance, all three contain cruelty-free musk and Community Fair Trade alcohol, with the Body Lotion also featuring Community Fair Trade Shea, Brazil and Babussa Oil.

The Body Shop worked with the world’s largest privately owned and Nobel Prize winning fragrance house Firmenich and its leading perfumer Dr. Vincent Schäller in developing White Musk Libertine. Being a libertine at heart, Firmenich, a world leader in musk research and development, has developed a fragrance that is truly inspirational and enthralling.

Dr. Vincent Schäller, perfumer and creator of White Musk Libertine said, “With White Musk Libertine we tried to develop something that was truly individual, reflective of the free thinkers that inspired us. Sensual and playful characteristics were ones we really looked to explore and develop, leading us to our most feminine fragrance to date. Femininity is global, free from the constraints of cultural boundaries the scent is designed to translate and be free to enchant people all around the world.”
Staying true to The Body Shop heritage and the beliefs of libertine Anita Roddick, White Musk Libertine contains Community Fair Trade organic alcohol made from organic sugar cane from Ecuador. The Body Shop dedicated two years to setting up its relationship with the alcohol supplier, CADO, based in the remote Cotopaxi province of the country. Trade with The Body Shop promotes organic farming here, helping to protect the natural biodiversity of 200 hectares of farmland and offering stability to the community and directly benefitting over 100 families.
Exemplify femininity and sensuality.  Unleash your inner libertine. Liberate your senses with the sensual floral fragrance of White Musk Libertine.
The White Musk Libertine collection is available nationwide in The Body Shop® stores from November 2011.


White Musk Libertine EDT 60ml :Rs.1295 
White Musk Libertine EDT30ml :Rs.995
White Musk Libertine Perfume :Rs.495 




White Musk Libertine Body Wash :Rs.645




White Musk Libertine Body Lotion :Rs.945
White Musk Libertine Body Mist:Rs.795


So, which one of these are you planning to get? 

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...