Skip to main content

Review: Faces Canada Glam on mono eyeshadow - Oceanic, Swatches, EOTD


I got this particular eyeshadow from Faces Glam on silk collection which I shared with you a while back. This eyeshadow is a gorgeous grey shade with slightly greenish-blue hue to it, perfect on its name - Oceanic. Check out more details below:




Price: INR 249/-
Quantity: 2g

My experience with this eyeshadow
I rarely ever try smokey eye looks, and my regular smokey eye makeup always consists of more of blacks and browns. Occasionally, I'd sport blue, but that is once in a blue moon occasion for me. This particular shade from Faces Silk Glam on collection is just perfect for the smokey grey look, where you want to go soft yet sultry at the same time. I fell in love with this eyeshadow the moment I swatched it for the first time, and since then there has been no looking back. I have worn it numerous times till date and have always got compliments on my eye makeup.
The shade is a gorgeous silver color with greenish-blue tinge to it, which actually gets reflected in light and makes it a kind of duo chrome too to a very minute level. It gives a satin finish and has a very smooth texture that glides on well on my eye lids. With an eye shadow primer, it stays on my lids for 6-7 hours, after which I anyways wash it off. Without a primer, it still has a very good staying power and stays on my lids for 3-4 hours.

Likes:
1) Gorgeous silver grey shade with greenish-blue hue to it.
2) Amazingly pigmented. Just one swipe is more than enough to get proper color.
3) Comes with a very smooth texture that makes the application and blending quite easy.
4) Has good staying power and without primer stays on my oily-lids for 3-4 hours.
5) Reasonably priced for the quantity and quality you get.

Dislikes:
None so far.

Overall verdict: 
The eyeshadow is amazingly pigmented and looks beautiful on application. Though it gives satiny finish and buttery smooth texture, it never gave me any fall outs, which is a blessing in itself. I've tried pairing it with simple black for a smokey look and also with blue for a casual day time look and it fared well in both the looks. This is one eyeshadow you should definitely get and experiment with to create different looks.

Rating: 5/5 (A+)

Check out more pics below:






Have you tried Faces mono eyeshadows? Share your experience with me in your comments below

Disclaimer: Product sent by the brand for consideration; however my honest review as always.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...