Skip to main content

Amiss These 3 Runway Beauty Trends


(Guest Post)

When it comes to beauty, we look at the trends for inspiration. But, these trends are not to be followed blindly as some of them may make you look hot and elegant, while others are just a fit for the runway models and must not be tried in real life. Given below are 3 such trends that you should either give a miss or not try at home.

1) Exposing Your Bobby Pins – Bobby pins are those essential items that you would find lying on the dresser or in the bathroom. You use them for tucking in stray hair when it falls on your face. Surprisingly, these pins have found their way as an exposed accessory on runways. But while they look nice on the models wearing them, unless you have a decorative bobby pin, it is best that you keep them hidden. Use them for what they are meant to do – hiding stray hair strands and remaining hidden. If you really want to expose the bobby pins on your hair, then get some crystal studded ones.

2) Faux Bangs – Most people would love faux bangs because they let you wear your hair in a new way. All you have to do is pin it to your hair and you are done. But, there is another part of attaching faux bangs that you may not have considered. It is having the fringe of your ponytail pinned on your forehead. Why would you want an upside down ponytail? Get the real thing. Ask your hairdresser for a snip. It will look much better.

3) Creased Eye Shadow – While creased eye shadow makes models look gorgeous, it is best not to try this at home. If you can’t pull it off, you will end up with a messy look. When applied perfectly, this creased shadow will give you a chic look. Instead, you can draw a fine line using a colored eyeliner or mix metallic with smoked eye. It will not mess up the look and you will be one gorgeous looking woman.

Beauty trends can help you stay with the times, letting you choose the best make up or accessory. But, they should emphasize your looks and enhance your style rather than make you look like a runway clone.

So, unless you are sure that you can get away with a complicated look, give it amiss. If you don’t want to miss it, then ensure that you are doing it properly.

Lisa Lyttle is a renowned beauty expert. You can check out the 2012 wrinkle cream reviews by her on the given link. In her free time, Lyttle loves throwing themed parties in her free time and recommends that you buy discounted cocktail day party supplies online to save huge bucks. 

Image source: 1

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...

Review: Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara in Oynx

About Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara Primary Benefits of Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara: Will not clump, flake or glob Long-wearing Patented brush provides superior lash definition Price: $16.95 Quantity: 8ml What Makes Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara Unique? Brushes make all the difference with makeup application, especially with mascara! Motive's new Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara will define, separate and lengthen your lashes like never before. The secret is in the revolutionary High-Definition brush with rubber bristles that fans out and lengthens each lash as it sweeps on mascara from root to tip. No more clumps or globs, just beautifully defined long lashes. My experience with this mascara: I got this mascara a couple of days back and I've been using it since then daily for office wear. I've found the mascara quite impressive in its own unique way. The first thing that I noticed about the mascara was its packaging. The t...