Skip to main content

Review: Astor Color Last VIP Lipstick: #211 - Red Attraction

I came across Astor brand while roaming around the cosmetics counters at Galleria Mall located near the railway station in Stuttgart. Since, I wanted to try new brands at that time; this brand drew my attention at once. Usually whenever I am in a mood to experiment things, I end up trying a brand's lipstick first. I feel lipsticks are usually the safest way to start with a new brand, especially when you know nothing about it. I tried many shades there and zeroed on this one, but unfortunately this shade was out of stock there. I was a bit disappointed, but then I went to another mall nearby (Muller this time), and voila I got the same shade there. I must say that after trying this lipstick, I should have gone back and bought a couple of more stuffs from this brand, because I find this lipstick just ah-ma-zing! Check out more details below:


About this lipstick:


Color can never be too rich!
Pamper your lips with rich color treatment. This long-wearing Very Intense Pigment formula glides over lips delivering a comfortable, rich and vibrant color that lasts up to 8 hours. The formula is so rich it is capable of delivering up to 50% more color* with no compromise on comfort, moisturization or shine. Upgrade your lips to first class!

Beauty Tips
To add more volume and more fun, use with Shine Deluxe lip gloss.
Put a small amount in the center of your lips to give an impression of fullness.

Benefits
  • Lasts up to 8 hours
  • Leaves lips feeling soft and supple
  • Provides a full coverage
  • Provides high-intensity color
  • Does not dry out lips
  • Does not feather/bleed into fine lines
  • Easy to apply and remove
Check out more details about this lipstick and available shades HERE

Ingredients
"Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Myristyl Lactate, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Castor Oil/Ipdi Copolymer, Myristyl Myristate, Meadowfoam Estolide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Limonene, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Geraniol, Linalool, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citronellol, Tin Oxide, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Aqua/Water/Eau, Citral, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), D&C Red No. 6 Barium Lake (Ci 15850), D&C Red No. 7 Calcium Lake (Ci 15850), Fd&C Yellow No. 6 Aluminum Lake (Ci 15985), Fd&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), D&C Red No. 27 Aluminum Lake (Ci 45410), Fd&C Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake (Ci 19140), D&C Red No. 33 Aluminum Lake (Ci 17200)]."

Price for the quantity: I bought it for some 6 € (Approx INR 420/-)

My experience with this lipstick:

Despite the boring old-fashioned packaging sported by its looks, the lipstick is a gem in itself. It is a semi-matte lipstick, creamy and oh-so-moisturizing to my lips. The nicest part about this lipstick is that even with sort of matte finish and all the moisturizing abilities, it gives a subtle glossy finish to the lips till I dab off the excess on a tissue after which it looks totally matte, and stays on my lips for 5+ hours. If I am eating or drinking anything, it does fade a bit, but the shade in itself looks so gorgeous that the stain has its own beauty. This particular shade is a soft reddish brown one with a bit coral touch to it; kind of toned down version of brick color. I love the way it instantly brightens up my complexion. It is excellent for people with warm skintones and can work well for cooler skintones too, if they use it as stain. The finish of this lipstick is quite opaque and the color is buildable.

The only con that I can feel about this lipstick apart from its boring and "yawn" packaging and the fact that it contains propylparaben, can be its limited availability, as the brand is not easily available worldwide and I don't know if they have any plans to come to India.

Overall: Usually for day time looks, I just dab it on my lips lightly and it stays that way for almost whole day. For my "darker" makeup looks, I apply it full on and let the lips do all the talking. I love it both the ways and absolutely recommend it with both thumbs up!

Rating: 4.75/5 (A)

Check out more pics below:




Swatch

 As a stain on my lips, I clicked these pics yesterday evening after getting ready to go out (Pics taken in evening light): 






Now as full lip color. I clicked these pics today morning only. I've not applied any makeup for these clicks, except for concealer and compact..just to look more human!! :P so please pardon my no-makeup face (Pics taken in morning light): 





So, what do you think about this lipstick? 
Have you tried any makeup product from Astor Brand?
Share your opinion and experience with me in your comments below.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...