Skip to main content

Vedicline+ BB (Blemish Balm) Cream - Review, Swatches, FOTD


Hello friends,

It’s been a while since the world has been hit with BB Cream frenzy. I somehow never had much feelings about it, may be for simple reason that I was happy with my usual tinted-moisturizer/foundation/concealer routine, still unable to understand the popularity of BB creams around me.
However, when I got a chance to try this new BB Cream launched by Vedicline+, I was a bit intrigued looking at the benefits offered by this cream, and definitely wanted to test it on my skin too. So, did it fare well for me, or did it get a farewell from me? Check it out below:



What are BB (Blemish Balm) Creams?

BB cream, also known as Blemish Balm, Blemish Base or Beblesh Balm (due to an apparent copyright on the word "Blemish"), is a cosmetic  that is known for its "multi-tasking" all-in-one properties — moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock. (Source Wikipedia )

About Vedicline+ BB Cream
Vedicline+ Blelmish Balm cream brings to you 8 creams in one package, that helps in brightening your skin, concealing flaws, whitening your skin, providing anti-ageing properties, moisturizing, unifying, and giving anti-oxidant properties, along with sun protection with its SPF 20.

Price for the quantity: INR 250 for 30ml

Shade being reviewed: Natural

My experience with this cream:


The first time I simply applied my regular moisturizer (Lancaster Aqua milk reviewed HERE) after washing my face, and then I took just a small pea sized product of this BB cream and applied it evenly on my skin. It did spread nicely and smoothly without giving any sort of weird resistance. I liked the soft dewy finish it gave to my skin, and what amazed me most about the finish was that my face looked utterly smooth and kind of fine-tuned! I don't have too many spots or pigmentation on my face to hide, but I do have certain small melasma kind of appearance on the highest points of my cheeks. Also, I have certain not so prominent small black beauty spots around the jawline. Though these spots aren't very clearly visible, they do give my face a "not so perfect" kind of appearance. I usually apply little amount of foundation on these areas, and top with compact, but somehow I have to be always careful in applying very little amount, lest I want my face to look too much made up or cakey.

What I loved about this BB Cream was its smooth finish, a lovely glow that it gave to my face and how well it blended into my skin. The cream feels extremely light on the skin, and doesn't give any "wearing foundation" kind of feeling on the face. I can think this BB cream to be somewhere between tinted moisturizer and foundation - gives more coverage than tinted moisturizer and feels lighter than a foundation. It does not accentuate the pores in anyway.

This shade - "natural" just seems perfectly made for my skintone. I've tested this BB Cream in utter heat outside (45 degrees), when I applied it on my face, topped with some compact and went out to see a cricket match here at around 3 PM afternoon. When I came back at 5-5:30, my face still had retained its brightness, along with very less shine on my forehead and chin. So, on that impressive note, let us look at some of the likes and dislikes I've felt about this BB Cream below.

Likes:

1) Comes in a cute pink tube, with secured screw open cap that makes it quite travel friendly and easy to use.

2) The BB cream has a comfortable consistency, and a small amount is ok to take care of the whole face. In case you've any prominent pigmentation, you can always build layers using this cream. I like the way how light it feels on the skin.

3) The shade "Natural" blends perfectly on my MAC NC-35/37 skintone, so I am pretty happy about it. I've not faced any whitish cast or any sort of weird color mismatch issues with this cream.

4) It doesn't oxidize at all. Once applied, one shade continues to rule my skin for around 4-5 hours, until I decide to wash it off.

5) I like the subtle floral fragrance of this cream.

6) I like the way it stays on my face, without causing any oiliness or shine. I do get a bit shiny if I am outside in this heat after around 2-3 hours, but that can easily be tamed using a compact.

7) It is free of parabens, doesn't contain any Phenoxyethanol, doesn't contain any mineral oil and is devoid of petroleum jelly too and any nasty preservatives that are bad for the skin.

8) The quality and quantity you get at the price it has been offered definitely makes it a bargain to steal.

9) The cream says it blocks UV rays and has SPF 20.

10) Did't give my any breakouts, nor did it react with my skin in anyway.

Dislikes:

1)  I'd have preferred a flip open cap for the tube, the way Vedicline+ has provided for their moisturizer (review coming soon).

Overall: 

For my skin, it faired well even when I applied it without a moisturizer, but I still feel more comfortable wearing it over my regular moisturizer. I am no BB cream expert, and considering the fact that this is my first BB cream ever, I definitely don't have any other comparisons to draw. I love this cream for its smooth texture, lovely finish, amazing blendability, good staying power and the level of flawlessness it gives to my oily combination skin. I like the way it makes my skin look even toned and utterly smooth and kind of well polished. The cream definitely earns double thumbs up from me. 

Rating: 4.5/5 (A) 

Check out some more pics, swatches and my before/after pic below:







Pics taken at night under normal tubelight, so please pardon the poor quality
Online Availability

Disclaimer: Product sent by the brand for consideration; however my honest review as always.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...

Review: Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara in Oynx

About Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara Primary Benefits of Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara: Will not clump, flake or glob Long-wearing Patented brush provides superior lash definition Price: $16.95 Quantity: 8ml What Makes Motives® Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara Unique? Brushes make all the difference with makeup application, especially with mascara! Motive's new Lustrafy High-Definition Mascara will define, separate and lengthen your lashes like never before. The secret is in the revolutionary High-Definition brush with rubber bristles that fans out and lengthens each lash as it sweeps on mascara from root to tip. No more clumps or globs, just beautifully defined long lashes. My experience with this mascara: I got this mascara a couple of days back and I've been using it since then daily for office wear. I've found the mascara quite impressive in its own unique way. The first thing that I noticed about the mascara was its packaging. The t...