Skip to main content

Maybelline New York Colossal Kajal - Review, Swatches, EOTD

A kajal is an inevitable part of an Indian girl's daily makeup, and my daily makeup routine is no exception to that. Though I don't use Kajal in exact traditional way, it has been used so far, I do need to have it in my vanity and apply it daily no matter what. After having tried various brands, when I got a chance to try Maybelline-New York Colossal Kajal that claims to be smudge proof, I was quite intrigued by this and had to give it a go. So, how did it fare? Let us check it out below:


Maybelline New York Colossal Kajal 

Price: INR 150/- 

My experince with this Kajal


The Kajal comes in a bright yellow twist open pen like packaging, so you can always control the amount of nib you want to use for application, and there are no hassles of sharpening it again and again. I like how dark and gorgeous black color it imparts in a single swipe. If you want to go more “colossal” with your eye-makeup you can always build this kajal up to get the desired depth. The texture of this Kajal is very smooth and glides easily on the waterline, as well as on the eyelid. I've used this kajal both on waterline and as an eyeliner on my lids, and it has worked quite well both the ways. If you want to create smoky effect, you need to smudge the kajal within seconds of application, because once it is set, you'd have hard time budging it off from its set position. It just sticks and doesn't move at all, which impressed me a lot about its smudge-proof claim.
It is not waterproof, but doesn't spread here and there either when comes in contact with water. Even after wearing it whole day in current humid climatic conditions, all I get after 5-6 hours is a miniscule bit of shadow below my natural Kajal line, which I can easily wipe off using a clean Q-tip or even a wet tissue.

So, on that note check out some of the likes and dislikes that I've felt about this Kajal below:

Likes:

1) Comes in a handy packaging with twist open nib for easy application. Also its tube comes in bright yellow color so you can easily identify it amongst the plethora of eyeliner pencils you might have in your drawer.

2) The Kajal has ultra smooth texture and glides well.

3) It gives a gorgeous black color in one swipe itself and you can easily build the depth as per your preference.

4) The thin nib gives better control over how much thickness you want in your application.

5) It never stung my eyes, and feels comfortable after wearing.

6) The Kajal sets within seconds of application and doesn't budge, smudge or move anywhere at all. Absolutely love it for that!

7) I have experienced a good staying power of 5-6 hours from this Kajal.

8) Quite inexpensive for the quantity and quality you get.

Dislikes:

1) It is not waterproof, though it doesn't go crazy either. You just need to keep a clean tissue to wipe off any shadow that might come out of this kajal while you enjoy and get drenched in monsoon rains outside.

2) Can't think of any other dislike.

Overall: I like this Kajal for what it delivers – smudge-proof gorgeous black color. Even though it is smudge-proof, it can easily be removed using any eye makeup remover, and I don't need to make a fuss about it. Definitely recommended!

Rating: 4.5/5 (A)


Check out more pics, swatch and how it looks on my eye below. I've also made a video checking its smudge-proof claim below:




Swatch (pic taken in normal light)

Swatch (pic taken in flash light)







So, What do you think about this Kajal?
Share your opinion with me in your comments below


*PR Sample

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...