Skip to main content

Minerals Mate Tray- Red at Play - Review, Photos, Usage

Hi friends,

Today I am going to introduce you to one of my current most favorite product, which I find is a blessing for mineral makeup lovers like me. If you love to collect makeup, you might have considered having a makeup palette to keep all your favorite eyeshadows and blushes at one place. This one serves exactly the same purpose for me, except for the fact that it is for my mineral makeup collection and it is multi-purpose. Please check out more about Minerals Mate below:


About Minerals Mate:


Minerals Mate was created for users of mineral makeup because there are so many methods for applying the makeup.

Some of the various purposes a Minerals Mate caters to:

1) Mix up your mineral makeup easily

You can mix your mineral eyeshadows to create a new shade of your choice:

Sometimes, that fabulous eye color you got just needs a little tweaking to go with that outfit. Or, you want to add a little sparkle for the night. With a Minerals Mate tray, you can change your mineral makeup for one use and save the original tones.
You can also mix up mineral foundation to create your own perfect match

2) Easy Foiling
Foiling is the ever-so-fun art of adding water or other medium to your eye color for that magnificent metallic look. With a Minerals Mate Application & Mixing Tray, you can foil only a dab or two of your favorite eye shadows and keep your original jars of product clean and dry.

3) Avoid wastage
A lot of product goes wasted when you swirl the brush in you mineral makeup's cap. Minerals Mate help you prevent that. It gives larger surface area for your brush to swirl on, and you can always secure the left over using a cap.

4) Add raw ingredients:
Zinc oxide and sulfur (or sulphur) are just two natural ingredients in many specialty mineral makeup treatments. Using a Minerals Mate tray, you can carefully sprinkle in these or other raw elements to meet SPF or anti-acne needs. Zinc oxide is used for UVA protection and sulfur is a natural anti-bacterial agent.

5) Wash your brushes:
The thumb rest of your Minerals Mate doubles as a brush wash! Just fill it with water and a clean-rinsing shampoo or brush-washing product, and gently swirl your small brushes against the ribbed surface. The larger wells of the palette can be used for washing large kabuki brushes. Our best tip: Wash your tray daily and your brushes twice weekly.

How to use?

APPLYING:
Shake the amount of minerals you want into the appropriate-size well(s). Large wells are best for foundations, blushes and all-over treatments; small wells are perfect for your eye colors. With Minerals Mate, it’s okay if you pour too much product into the wells.
Swirl your brushes in the wells as you did before when using the container lids. Now you have more swirling areas to use to get just the right amount of minerals you want on your brush. So much more control! And, if you have any minerals left, use the caps that came with your Minerals Mate tray to protect them until the next use.

MIXING / FOILING:
Minerals Mate allows you to mix minerals together or use a mixing medium with a small portion of your minerals without contaminating your main supply. Simply use the Minerals Mate tray as an artist would use an artist’s palette, and have fun!

BRUSH CLEANING:
Use the section of the Minerals Mate tray with the ribbed texture as a thumb grip. It even doubles as a scrubbing surface to gently clean your brushes!

Price: $19.95 

Availability: MineralsMate.com  

My experience with this tray:


When I received this tray in a lovely red silk bag, I already fell in love with it. The tray is quite heavy for its size and aptly built with highly polished surface. There are 7 wells in the tray of different sizes to hold your mineral foundation, loose powder, eyeshadows and even lipsticks, each with a secured red cap. I've so far used it to mix my mineral foundations to achieve my perfect shade and then store them for later use. I've also used the small wells to store the mineral eyeshadow samples I got sometime back. The application of these eyeshadows has become much easy for me now. There is indeed larger surface area for swirling the brush, the edges are well built to help you tap off the excess and there is a lot less of product flying around. I've even used it to mix two-three mineral eyeshadows to create a shade I wanted to go with one of my dresses that I wore for a party few days back. Very handy and convenient!

I've also used one of the well in this tray to clean my makeup brushes, and it just makes the job so easy. The high polish surface helps clean out the makeup from the bristles easily without causing wear and tear to them. Also, the surface of the tray is very easy to clean and simple soap and water is more than enough to get rid of any makeup stains. Also, since I secure all the other wells with the air-tight cap, I don't have to clear out everything while washing my brush. The water and cleanser just don't budge or enter any of the other wells.

The only dislike that I can think of about this tray is that it is a bit heavy, which even though ensures that it is quite sturdy makes it a bit of an overhead to carry in your hand for a longer time. The other issue can be of availability, as it is not available everywhere across the counter but you can avail it online at MineralsMate.com 

Overall:

I absolutely love this tray which has helped me use my mineral makeup a lot in current hot and humid climate. I love using mineral makeup, but just the hassle of taking it out and product flying away creating mess had stopped me from using it often. Now, I see myself approaching this tray a lot, even for a soft evening makeup look. I store all my favorite eyeshadows, blush and foundation in it and completely love using it!

Rating: 4.5/5 (A) 

Check out more pics of this tray and how I've been using it:





Minerals Mate tray with some of my mineral makeup

Iced violet eyeshadow from Ocean Mist cosmetics

One of the big pans used for brush cleaning


So, what do you think about this tray?
Share your opinion with me in your comments below


PR Sample

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...