Skip to main content

How to Find the Perfect Necklace That Matches Your Neckline

Lovely pearl Necklace
Image source

A necklace will have different lengths, but within each length there are a multitude of styles.  You can findthe perfect necklace online if you search by size rather than by style, since you should only purchase a jewelry piece that you already know will fit you.  Many necklaces will have extra links so that they can be adjusted; the clasp for links will add as much as an extra inch to the overall length.  Adjustable necklaces are also the best choice when you are buying a gift for someone else and you do not know what their specific size is. 

Any dress that has a straight neckline that reveals a lot of shoulder and chest space will not need a lot of jewelry in order to get attention, so minimal tend to be better.  If you have a strapless gown, a shoulder-less dress, or a low-cut top, your choice in jewelry should be complimentary and not gaudy.  A tight, choker necklace suits the bill here, as a strand of crystal, thin gold or silver, or glass beads can be the better choice than a large string of pearls or gems.  If the name of the night out is sheer style, like a prom or wedding, go with the biggest and brightest you can find.

When picking a necklace, remember that it is a lot easier to match a dress to a necklace than vice-versa.  If your favorite piece of jewelry has a massive emerald, find a green dress to match it rather than tailor your jewelry to the outfit.  If you love the chain but not the gem, switch one or the other whenever possible so that you are not spending a lot of money on a new piece.  You can find the perfect necklace online by searching around for detachable pieces, so that you can swap out the rocks from the chain.

Purchasing jewelry in stores is only recommended if budgets are not a concern for you.  Department stores stock jewelry that is marketed by fashion companies and worth much more than the actual stones.  Gem companies, furthermore, keep their own assets locked down to ensure price fixtures.  Only buy from a department store if you can get a sale or specialty item; look for the online retailers to provide better and cheaper items from the convenience of your own living room.

(Guest post by Agnes Embile Jimenez, who is a professional blogger and writer, and runs her personal blog at www.empressofdrac.com.)

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes