Skip to main content

Make-Up Trends for Spring/Summer

With the new year just around the corner and the party season in full swing, Ms. Samantha Kochhar, CEO/MD, Blossom Kochhar Group of Companies has come up with these make-up trends,that will definitely help girls attain the perfect look. Let us have a look at them below:






1. Red Lips – If there is one word that majorly describes the trend for spring this year , then that is red lips! From velvety scarlets, bold corals to vibrant fuchsia, the only way to wear bright lips is in the matte form.

2. Seeing Blue and Green – Dab your make-up brushes in shades of turquoise and vibrant aqua. The look is not supposed to be too wild or extreme for every day wearer. Try a thin streak of green eyeliner or a smear of sapphire or a colour blocking royal blue/teal. To add glamour for the evenings, place a few sparkles around the eyes!


3. Simple proves to be most striking – Fresh, natural skin provides the perfect backdrop for the season’s best looks. Good skincare goes a long way. Put a light primer underneath makeup and dab a highlighter on the high points of your face. Rim your eyes with a glossy lip treatment. Just dab it around the perimeter and finish with properly defined eyebrows and mascara for a lush glow. Light pink blush on the cheeks and shined up lips with clear gloss.

4. Silvery teal over the lids and up to the brows. Lips left soft and almost nude with just a pat of light pink shadow.


5. The eyeliner effect – Ever since the cat eye trend hit last year, eyeliner has become essential. While they can be retro flicked up, there is a new trend, a tight outline, softly smudged. This look can be worn during the day. For the evenings, swipe a platinum shadow over the lids, to create a contrast (similar to Look 4). An easy way, which gives inspiration for how to dress up in a few simple strokes for day to night.

6. Lush Lashes – Its time to have fun with your lashes, from twiggy lashes to curled and combed lashes with the waterline filled in white.


7. Colour emerges for spring – Pink, in all its permutations makes its mark for the spring 2013.
(i) Magenta coated over the lids and lashes is one look.
(ii) Fuchsia pink, pretty rose shades and girlish shell pink lips.
(iii) Bubblegum pink cheeks and lids.

So, which of these trends are you going to sport this party season? 
Share your choices with me in your comments below

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts - Review

Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts  The best way to spend four hours of waiting period in Dubai transit is to do shopping. In all the shopping I did there, I bought this particular lotion as well. The main reasons behind buying this lotion were: 1) I wanted to try Olay as a brand as I’d heard a lot of good stories about it. 2) I wanted a light moisturizing face lotion that has SPF, UVA/UVB protection and could be worn easily below my foundation for day wear. Olay Natural White Lotion With Mulberry Leaf Extracts Price: $10 Quantity: 30 ml What does Olay say about its Natural White lotion ?

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes