Skip to main content

Handy Multipurpose Home Repair Tools Besides the Basics

Even though you don't consciously plan to do any kind of repair work at home, many times it happens that you need to do those little fixings here and there. A screw might come off that frame which you need to put back, or you might need to organize your stuffs better in your garage. Something or the other always calls for a need to have some kind of a compact (or comprehensive) toolkit at your home. Be it small or big, do-it-yourself home repair work can help you save a lot in time and money. It also gives you a sort of personal satisfaction and strengthens your bond with your home.

An interesting infographic below showcases the need of learning DIY home repair:


Image Credit

Just in the US, only 36% of American home owners can save around $1000 to make home repairs. 1 in 5 home owners say, they put off completing repairs on their home and only around 61% home owners can actually find a reliable repair service around their homes.

If you have already started forming your toolkit for fixing the little break-downs in your house, then might be aware of these basic tools - Chisel, Caulking gun, Pliers, Hammer, Utility knife, Screw drivers and other basic repair tools.
However, there are certain simple, cheap and extremely helpful tools that can ease up your home repair job to a great extent. These tools are amazingly versatile and solve multiple purposes to help you fix broken areas in your home. Let's have a look at few of these below:

1) Bailing Wire:

Image source

Bailing wires can come handy for hanging your picture frames and other wall hangings. These flexible wires provide strong bond to things you want to wrap together and it can be cut easily using pliers.

2) Bungee cords:


Bungee cords


Bungee cords are strong elastic cords with hooks on both the ends. They can be helpful in temporary holding stuffs e.g. if you are carrying an over sized box in your car's trunk and its lid doesn't close because of the large size of the box, you can hold the lid to the trunk using these bungee cords.

3) Compressed air: 

An amazing tool to clean off dust from your delicate household stuffs like electronics or areas where you can not use water or chemicals. Compressed air can also come handy in cleaning off dust from those tight locations where you can not reach physically.

4)  Duct tape:

From my experience I feel that a duct tape is more versatile than even a Swiss knife. It works well in almost everything -  holding, tying or sticking stuffs. Moreover, since its waterproof and strong, it secures the fastenings and the objects being fastened using it.

5) Spray Lubricant:

A tool that can easily smoothen the rough surfaces. It helps a lot in fixing creaky windows, doors and particularly anything that has fixtures that slide against each other and need to do that with ease. Moreover, a spray lubricant also gives a protective layer on the metal fixtures and prevents them from corrosion.

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...