Skip to main content

The Best Purse for your Body Shape

The Best Purse for your Body Shape

Not all purses are created equal. Handbags come in all types of shapes, sizes and styles, and each is designed to fit a specific kind of person. When we go purse shopping for ourselves, we really take the time to choose the bag that’s just right. After all, our bags are often an extension of ourselves. So, we look through all of our options carefully, inspect every seam and look at ourselves in the mirror from every angle until we are satisfied with our choice.
However, when it comes to buying a purse for somebody else, we don’t have the luxury of knowing whether it will suit the intended receiver. The style of purse you buy all depends on the individual; however, there are certain shapes and sizes of purses that aren't right for every body type— you have to know what fits a person’s body in order to get the perfect gift.

The Best Purse for your Body Shape



For the Petite Body Type 


Small, short women often make the mistake of buying a purse that’s way too big for them. A huge bag can make a petite woman look disproportionate. The last thing a less-than-average sized person wants is to look even shorter than they are.
Vertical bags work in the same way that pinstripes do— they work to make you look taller. Tote bags are one such appropriately shaped bag. Crossbody bags fit as well, but make sure the strap isn’t too long because they can shrink a person.

For the Tall Woman 


If you’re purchasing a bag for someone who is tall, go for almost the exact opposite of buying for the petite. Small, vertical bags can negatively call attention to height. Short straps can make a tall person look gigantic, so opt for bags that have longer straps. Shoulder bags often hang too high.
Oversized totes, clutches, slouchy, rounded and hobo bags are among the recommended bags for people of taller stature. For more on the appropriate fashion for tall people, look no further than the advice of Oprah.

.

 Pear-Shaped 


Women with pear-shaped bodies are often self-conscious of their lower halves, therefore it is often suggested that they utilize handbags that hang above the hips. Satchels have short shoulder straps, so they won’t rest past the hip. Small bags, like clutches, can serve to make large areas look even bigger, so steer clear. In terms of style, stay away from anything with small patterns.

Curvy Shaped Women 


For women with a bigger bust, finding the right purse can be a challenge. Short straps can be uncomfortable going across the chest. Large bags can make them look boxy. Curvy women need a bag that hangs toward the mid-section of the body. Crossbody bags and clutches are the perfect shape and size for such a woman.

Presentation 


The gift buying process doesn't end when you get to the checkout. If you've really found the perfect purse, you need the perfect presentation as well. Put some thought into how your wrap your gift. You can find a gift bag that matches the purse or discover a creative way to box it up. The right combination of gift and presentation can show the recipient how much you care.

About the author

Virginia Cunningham is a writer for Miami spa, Bellezza, mother and business owner from Los Angeles whose writing specializes in women’s fashion, skin and hair care, travel and marketing. When shopping for a purse, she follows these guidelines to choose the ideal accessory. 


Related articles

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review, Swatches

Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss - Review I began to use Neutrogena brand long back, when I was in US. The first product I bought of this brand was a liquid foundation, which was my first foundation of all. And, as expected I chose the wrong shade and had to throw it away. The second thing I bought sometime back was this Neutrogena Moistureshine LipGloss , which apparently happens to be my first tinted lipgloss too, as before this I was used to only lipsticks or lip balms.It took me a while to get used to the concept of glosses. I bought the shade 04 Glimmer: Neutrogena Moistureshine Gloss Like usual glosses, it comes

Online Amazon Shopping In India -Estee Lauder Defining Beauty cosmetic travel Set 5pc

I ordered this five piece Estee Lauder cosmetics travel kit from Amazon on January 27th, 2011, and I received the package today. What a lovely day to receive such things! I've always been quite impressed with the kind of packaging Amazon gives. The hardboard case, the thermocols and multiple levels of bubble wrapping around the products, makes it absolutely next to impossible for the package to get damaged in anyway on its own, unless you run a road-roller over it. I ordered for this particular kit, just because I wanted to try all of these stuffs, without having to spend a fortune on any. The package contains following products. I am mentioning the name along with the quantities here:

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo - Review

Syoss Professional Performance Repair Therapy Shampoo During my visits to Germany, I spend a lot of time watching TV commercials, because of the only reason that I can somehow understand bits and pieces of them. I wasn't intending to buy any huge bottles, during my last trip, but I was so much intrigued by Syoss's continuous ads on the television, that I decided to give it a shot. I bought Syoss professional repair therapy shampoo from Muller mall, Germany. It has been 3 months now, since I've been using this shampoo and hence thought of reviewing it here. Check the ad below: What does the brand say about this product? He he..Let me translate that for you: Syoss - professional hair care products: Powerful varieties of high-quality care ingredients for perfectly groomed hair - every day, like right in accordance with the cultivated salon hairdresser. The high-quality care products repair damaged and dry hair, SYOSS Repair Therapy with rich nourishing...